Thursday, May 26, 2011

Field Day and Dandelion Love

One of my new favorite things about being Mommy has been helping out at my daughter's school over the year.  During her kindergarten year, I've loved tagging along on field trips and parties and helping make masks and statues in the classroom.  It's been such a  great way to get to know Emerson's friends and teacher and learn my way around our new school. 

Can I say how lucky and thankful I am to have the time and ability to do that?!

Anyway, today's school favorite was the annual field day.  By far one of the most fun events I've been a part of!  Kids and their families are invited to enjoy a picnic lunch together and then spend the rest of the afternoon participating in events together.  It was a blast!

Oh, and Emerson won the three-legged race with her buddy, Simeon, today!  Exciting stuff!


And then there's this boy.  I took this on our walk back from our fun time watching big sister and playing in the grass...


"Mommy, I got this for you because I really love you so much!"

Ahh, my heart swells for these kids of mine.  This is good stuff.  It's actually a part of mommyhood that I actually imagined when I was only dreaming of having babies someday - picking dandelions to share with me.  Good stuff.

P.S.  A surgery date has been scheduled!   It's becoming a little more real and my anxiousness is kicking in!  I'm so ready for this to be done!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...