Thursday, August 25, 2011

Today he's 5!!

My biggest boy turns 5 today!


Five years ago today. I have vivid memories of his much anticipated arrival - which almost didn't happen that day - and the first moments I got to see him.  Jon was smiling so proudly and with tears in his eyes.  I gazed into his sweet new face and was instantly in love and so thankful that God entrusted me with this boy.  Emerson came in and held him gently with a sweet amazement with his tiny feet.  And my joy was full to the brim.

From the beginning he made known that he was strong willed - a strong willed sleeper, a strong willed eater, and a rough and toughness that allows him to stick up for himself (which I am sometimes secretly proud of!).

With that strong will, however, comes a strong and vivid imagination.  His stories literally amaze me sometimes, the complexity, the creativity, and the vividness in which he tells them.  It is easily one of my favorite things about my boy.



I love to watch him play with his sister, using his gentle side (most of the time) when pretending with her every day during their quiet time.  He clings to her and loves her.





Every night he asks Daddy to sleep with him and every night Jon reads with him and lays with him as he dozes off (which, if you know Braeden, is crazy fast!  He falls asleep faster than anyone I've ever known!).

He arises every morning between 5 and 6 and is ready to start the day!

He has such wonder.  Things amaze and interest him and he always wants to know more.  He wants to know all the details.



His favorite food - Mac -n- Cheese.
His favorite color - Orange
His favorite pasttime - Riding his big boy bike
Oh, and he loves to dance lately!
You wouldn't know it, but he can sing, too - pretty darn well!


He LOVES to help me in the kitchen.  He is such a big helper.  And most of the time, I am very thankful for his help.  ;)

I am so thankful for this little boy that God has given me.  He has stretched me and challenged me and shown me a type of mama love that I didn't know I had.


He is full of a rich personality, filled with laughter, and an energy that spills over to those he's with.

I'm so, so blessed to be his Mommy.







Happy Birthday, big boy.  I love you so, so much!  I thank God for you each and every day.  I love seeing you grown and learn every day.  I have dreams of the friendship we'll someday have and the man you will become.  Until then I'm thankful to teach and correct and guide and pray for you each day.

Happy Birthday, Buddy!  I love you, Braeden!

P.S.  Here are some shots from the early birthday party we had for him a few weeks ago.  The theme chose: planets (then he chose power rangers - which I don't even know if he knows what they are - and then he again chose planets, so planets it was.  He knows lots about them, so you should ask him next time you see him!).  :)








1 comment:

Jessica {Team Rasler} said...

These photos are all so lovely! I especially like the ones of the two kids together. Your little guy will cherish this birthday message someday, I know it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...