Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

I'm a little late in getting this posted, but I wanted to wish Jon and my dad a very happy father's day today!  I'm so, SO thankful for both of them and all that they do.

We spent some time at my parents house this weekend barbequing and playing outside and celebrating these two guys.  My dad ran and played in the grass with the kids, while also somehow keeping an eye on the grill and making excellent burgers for all of us.



It was lounging and laughing and relaxing on the patio furniture for the rest of us (though Mom had made some excellent - EXCELLENT - potato salad and deviled eggs earlier that day).



(On a side note, I was practicing with the camera in my newly discovered manual mode!  Woo hoo!  Well, I knew it was there, but had NO idea what I was doing. So some of these pics may be a little bright or a little dull - still figuring things out!)



And Jon, I love how you love us - very intentionally and creatively and with all your heart.  You work hard to be a good dad - but you're a GREAT one.  I don't say that lightly.  I can't point out many husbands and fathers who do all you do.  Thank you, from the very bottom of our hearts.  I love you! 



I'm lucky and so thankful to have these two men to celebrate - they're both there for our family, they support and encourage, and love to spend their time with us - playing and running with the kids. 

Thanks, Jon and Dad.  Love you guys!  Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...