Friday, July 01, 2011

Friday Favorites

This one has reserved the spot for the great big #1 this week - 9 years ago this past Wednesday I said 'I do' to the man I had chased after since I was 15 (I'm glad I was so persistent!  Haha!).  Three beautiful babies, a new home, and some extreme roller coaster rides and I can confidently and joyfully say that I'm so glad I said those words to him.  I love him.  And he loves me.  How do I know?  Because he bought me a new lens for my camera that I've been salivating over!  ;)  The same lens that took these pictures of the flowers and card he brought home for me.  I'm a lucky, lucky girl, you know.




We were able to go out to dinner last night and enjoy an adult only trip to Walmart (romantic, I know!) thanks to my sister-in-law, Erin coming to watch the kids 
(thanks, Erin!).  

 Pictures painted for Mommy.  This is something I don't foresee getting tired of any time soon.  Matter of fact, and Jon can attest, I have a huge tub FULL of paintings and drawings and chicken scratch notes with "I love you, Mommy" written with crayon. 

I love this picture, even if it is a little blurry!

  Exploring a new playground.  
Even better, we were the only ones there so there was freedom to explore all the new territory 
without fear of interruption 
or the shyness that can sometimes take over when new kids are nearby.


 




Best friends - 'nuff said.



I know I can go on and on about this, but these summer days home with my kiddos, full of dress up and blow up pools and play dates and sleep overs are held onto tightly.  I will never, ever wish these days away and I try to fill them up with memories to take with them as they grow older. 



I am LOVING soaking up as much information I can find (for free) about taking pictures and editing them.  I feel like this new hobby is a perfect combination of play and necessity.   Play, because I am loving learning and experimenting and necessity, because it is necessary to me to document these days when my kiddos are little.  And shutterfly?  Don't get me started about shutterfly... I find myself getting in trouble as I browse books and invitations and prints to create.  Fun fun fun.


I've begun a new Bible study entitled "Ruth - loss, love, and legacy" by Kelly Minter.  The study has been so good for me, as I've never dug in at all into the book of Ruth.  I read the book and knew the story, but it's always refreshing to just dig in.  Good stuff.  
Each week a group of ladies meet and getting to know the heart of some of these women has been a time of refreshment, encouragement,  a soft place to land during our weeks, and a feeling of being blessed that these women feel the freedom to share the things weighing on their hearts. 
What about you?  What are some of your favorite moments of the week?  Click on the link below and share your list of favorites from the week (and have a great weekend)!


friday favorite things | finding joy


3 comments:

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Happy Anniversary!! Your words were very sweet...

And that park? It looks like a place my family would love to visit.

Thanks for linking up with friday favorites and have a blessed day!

Rachel

Heart n Soul said...

Nice to see you joining in over at Rachel's. What a fun list of favourites :)

Launa said...

Ooh, I love the bee pic!! Looks like you all had a great time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...