Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Introducing a dream

A year ago Jon ordered a camera at my request.  Our little point and shoot began to fade.  So, after hunting on Amazon, researching prices, and studying options, he decided unexpectedly to purchase a DSLR camera.  I had no idea what that meant at the time.  I thought it was a hefty investment for a family camera, but he DID know much more about photography than I did (dabbling in it when he was in high school on the yearbook staff).  

It turned out to be a divine purchase, so to speak.  It was an answer to prayer I didn't know that could possibly be an answer, helping me discover a truly unknown passion I had hidden in my heart.  It was something that literally could only have come from God and his ridiculously crazy ways of working through the prayers and desires of my heart.

I picked it up, shot several pictures on the auto setting, began capturing some beloved moments with my family, and finding so much beauty created with this camera I held in my hands- before I even knew it- it was my turn - me who got to take off running.  I was given the amazing opportunity to turn my corner.  I wasn't looking for it, but it found me.

Jon, having no idea where this might lead, took a chance and believed in me and let me run.  Investing in classes and forums and software so I could learn more.  I couldn't and didn't want to stop learning more.  I soaked it in, I read everything I could get my hands on, and I played with that camera like it was no ones' business.  I took thousands (it's possible that could actually be a literal number!) of pictures of my own family.  I began taking pictures of friends and their families, discovering the joy it gave me to gift them with pictures of their own.  Pictures they were excited and proud to grace their walls with.  And now, a year later, I am taking my chance, a leap of faith.  I'm doing something I never thought possible.  I'm pursuing something seemingly dropped in my lap.  I'm committing to learning more, striving to do better, seeking out the depth of my creativity, and buckling down to pursue a dream.

I am completely humbled, amazed, so excited and absolutely blessed to announce that I and my best friend (who has inspired me first with her own pictures and has a beautiful eye for catching moments with her camera) are starting a professional photography business together!!

Never in a million years would I have ever guessed or even thought that this could be a reality.
But here it is.

I am officially introducing..... 

www.KellyCoulterPhotography.com


If you feel so inclined, you can click on the image above to be taken to our new website!  And, for fun, if you visit out Facebook Page  and 'Like' us, we'll be hosting a giveaway in a few weeks.  Go to the page for the details.  :)

The desire of our heart is to bless the people we are so fortunate to interact with with beautiful memories that they are proud to display, while continuing to develop and feed our desire to create beautiful photos.

If it weren't for the love, support, and encouragement from most of my friends and family and especially Jon, this may never have come to be.  So, thank you, thank you, thank you.  


Here's to the future, here's to perusing something new, and here's to capturing glimpses of fun and beauty in peoples' lives.

And, as always, thanks for coming along on my journey.  So thankful to have you.


Linking up today with Shell at Things I Can't Say!

2 comments:

WeeMason's Mom said...

That is so awesome!! Congratulations!!

Shell said...

That is so exciting! Congrats!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...