Monday, September 12, 2011

Magic Moments

This week I decided to take my daughter's pictures.  I've begun taking my children's pictures, special pictures, for their birthdays.  I like to have one set of special photos to look back on, to remember just as they looked and hopefully show a little of their personality they've grown into during the past year.  I'm a little early this year - her 7th birthday isn't until mid October - because Jon and I will be gone the few weeks leading up to her birthday, so I decided to get them done now.

She and I found the dress she wanted to wear, slightly curled and put up her hair and after some sweet eye batting and begging from her, I agreed to let her put on just a touch of makeup.  We waited until almost sundown and drove to a field next to a beautiful church in town.  We trekked out into the middle of this field and began our little photo shoot.  At first I told Emerson to sit this way and pose that way, but she quickly became distracted by the abundance of wildflowers around.  Trying to keep her focused on the task at hand - I didn't have much more time with visible sunlight left - I kept trying to redirect her so I could get some more shots.  She obeyed, but then would find another, "just perfect" flower.  And as she would wander this way and that, finding her perfect flowers, admiring them, smelling them and dancing her own sweet dance in her own little world, oblivious to my camera, I caught some magic moments with my sweet girl.
(It reminded me that I could still breathe this girl in.  I remember when she was a wee little baby and I loved to breathe her in.  I had a small moment of fleeting pain because my sweet baby girl is still growing, wishing I could just preserve her and keep her, but it passed quickly as I thought of all I have to look forward to with her...sigh!)

Her personality is soft and sweet and tender (with a little spunk and silly in there, too) and I feel I was blessed to be able to capture just a little bit of that a few nights ago.  I'm so thankful for this girl and for the chance God gave me to capture her sweet spirit on camera.

Here are some of our magic moments:
The church near where we took the pictures.























12 comments:

Amanda said...

she's just stunning. what an adorable little girl you have. i love the photos!!!!

Karmen said...

Very cool pictures! Have you shown the picture of the church to Pastor Martin? He would enjoy it I think.

Unknown said...

Sandra,

The way the sunlight shines in these photo's and your daughter, she is just beautiful.

Missy | Literal Mom said...

What great pics! You did such a good job with the sun!

shell said...

So gorgeous!

Got your link fixed. :)

Heart n Soul said...

Beautiful moments ... love the church too.

Heather H said...

Beautiful pictures! Your daughter is precious!

Barbara said...

She is such a cutie! What great pictures!

Unknown said...

Beautifully captured - I love the lighting and the setting. Gorgeou!

Unknown said...

I love the light, the rocker outdoors, the contrast in her outfits color and the color of the field. What wonderful pictures!

AshleyTeeter said...

I love that you took these pictures in front of my church! : ) You are a very talented photographer. I especially love the one where she is dancing (and maybe singing) to herself. I love that you captured perfectly her childhood innocence. Adam and I are praying for you and all that is upcoming!

Unknown said...

Those are gorgeous!! That church is so beautiful! Your daughter is stunning! Great magic moments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...