Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Rock the Shot: Flower Portrait

One night, a few weeks before her birthday my sweet girl, Emerson, and I went to take some pictures of her.  What was meant to be a few minutes of taking some pictures to mark her 7th birthday turned into me witnessing the unforced and naturally sweet and free spirit of my girl.  I kept attempting to focus her on the task at hand, but in  her little girl way she would spot wildflower after wildflower.  She moved from the "most beautiful flower" to the next "most beautiful flower" with eagerness and excitment.  I'm not sure when I realized that what I was watching was giving me more of a pure glimpse of her sweet little girl heart than posing her would, but I soon stopped talking and began moving around her as she discovered and smelled and danced in the sun that was close to making it's last shouts of glory for that day.  This was one of the moments that I captured and it's become a favorite.  

 www.rocktheshotforum.com is hosting a monthly challenge this month: flowers. Check them out to see other beautiful flower shots posted by some both new and seasoned photographers!  There are some very beautiful shots!

My sweet Emerson just before her 7th birthday.


4 comments:

poetic chronicles said...

This is a truly beautiful picture!! :)

Sue Lee said...

beautiful...

Jennifer Jill Araya said...

I just found your blog via Kelle Hampton's Enjoying the Small Things, and I'm so glad I did! Thank you for sharing your family, your triumphs, and your struggles. This is a beautiful photo of a beautiful young girl!

Chris said...

Hi!! You take such beautiful pictures!! What kind of camera and lens do you use?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...